Sunday, January 30, 2011

Saturday (His): Pork Ribs with Fried Okra at Pearl's Country Store and Barbecue

Me and three other dudes hopped in my friend's Buick and drove to nearby Micanopy for some barbecue. I had 1/2 lb of barbecue pork ribs with a whopping side of fried okra. I sort of spoiled my dinner by having some instant noodle late in the afternoon, but the ribs and okra were quite good. What added to the dining experience was, as their tv spot below says, the "country charm" and somewhat unusual setting of Pearl's Country Store and Barbecue. Imagine the inside of a gas station convenient store, but with a little restaurant area and you'll get the picture. Sort of reminded me of the Chinese grocery story inside the Gas Station in Madison. This must be a genre of restaurant and grocery store.

You can check it out for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment