Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wednesday (his): Mi Thap Cam at Taste of Saigon

Parents rolled into town today. Made the most of both the rented car and my dad's wallet by driving to the further northwest side of Gainesville for Vietnamese food at this restaurant that I heard was the best for Vietnamese food in town. (Note: there are just three Vietnamese restaurants in town and at least one of them is absolutely terrible.) I had the Mi Thap Cam. It was pretty good. The meat was so so, but the broth was good. My mom and dad had a lot more complaints, however, about their respective dishes. But then again, they always have something to say when it comes to Viet food. My mom did that thing where she spoke to the waitress in Vietnamese. It was clear that the waitress did not know Vietnamese. I believe we left a $3.70 tip. Cheap Asians. So typical! 

No comments:

Post a Comment